Friday 16 February 2018

Day 47/365: And so it begins...

...there's always another bus

There is still a chill in the air, but the plum blossoms are starting to emerge. Everywhere. And the blossoms at the park near the bus stop warranted closer investigation. 

I was due to get to work, but the one small luxury we have when there are no classes and no meetings is that those late nights spent marking can be recovered just a little with a delayed start on another day. Bit like a bank really, build up a little savings for a rainy day. 

Rich red

Cascades

The cherry awaits

Lighter plums

Line-up

Bud

All in a line

Roundish

Clusters

All the shades

Buds v petals

Sliding into it


And although it wasn't raining, it was a little overcast for the pics. I took a little while longer than I expected, I might have missed a bus (or two) but there's always another bus and these blossoms won't be around for that long.

I got to work. I worked. So begins the rigours of the non-teaching time. 

[Camera : Canon EOS M5, 12.24pm-12.31pm; 16 February 2018]