Friday 16 February 2018

Day 46/365: Back to Tokyo...

...a return leg

Time to turnaround, head back to Tokyo, back to the office tomorrow to report on yesterday's proceedings; to write up notes of the seminar and some of the other collaborations I'm working on and proceed with the non-teaching time work.

That's a couple of articles and a book manuscript submission I'm working on for this week at least. I had two legs of the journey to complete to reach Tokyo: the train from Wakayama to Osaka then Osaka to Tokyo, then the usual train, train, bus and walk back home. 

Greetings/farewell motif in Wakayama

What you find at the end of the rainbow

Wakayama is the red spot...further south is where I do my whaling research

Take me to Osaka please

Extra passenger on the very fast train in Osaka



The trip back is in the evening, so no Mt Fuji to be seen, just a train full of tired people returning from a day's work (yes, it is almost just like a commuter train, just very fast). In summer, in the evening, you might be lucky to see the trails of lights going up the mountain as people climb up overnight to see the sunrise from the peak. I did it many years ago. And as the saying goes, to do it once, is marvellous, to do it twice, is foolish.

But you never know...

[Camera : iPhone6s, 2.18pm, 3.34pm, 3.52pm, 5.00pm; 15 February 2018]