Monday 12 February 2018

Day 42/365: A free day...

...what does one do?

It is true. Today was the first day in ages I had no commitments. Nothing. The first Sunday in a few months I didn't have to go to the office to prepare tomorrow's class, or turn up for entrance exams, or open days, or anything really. I could have stayed put all day if I wanted too. But then, there wouldn't be any photos really. And at least one good thing to come of this little hobby is that it gets me out of the house.

Now, I vaguely recalled seeing a poster on the train reminding me it was time to visit the annual craft show at one of the department stores down the track. I try to go whenever it is on. Craftspeople from all over Japan gather to sell the wares from traditional textiles to pottery, ceramics, lacquerware. Beautiful, functional art. 

So off I went. 

But no. It is next weekend. Oh well. 

The fountain

A little geyser

Reflective overflow

Neon in Ikebukuro


Time for a wander around the town, a little book shopping here, a little burger lunch (late) there. Just a normal (I believe) Sunday spent adrift.

I could get used to these sorts of days.

[Camera : Canon EOS M5, 5.37pm-5.38pm; 11 February 2018]