Sunday 11 February 2018

Day 41/365: A debut...

...without a drum roll in sight (but plenty of clarinets)

Long time readers (thank you dear reader) will know that one thing I do like to do in my 'spare' time, is play music. Over the years, I've been involved in community music ensembles of one sort or another. Time has come to get involved in Tokyo. I joined a small clarinet choir at the end of last year. It is a nice group, rehearses every second Saturday (within walking distance of an excellent burger shop), I'm awaiting the arrival of my bass clari from the States...it is all so nice. 

Except for one small thing...performances. And that was today. I'm not nervous about performing per se, I've done it plenty of times (and some would say lecturing involves a certain level of performance too) but today was a debut with my new group, still using a borrowed bass...it changes the dynamic a little. 

Also the debut for my Sibelius crane pin

Setting up 

Revising

Listening

The bassist

dessert always works

The choir (post-concert, sans clarinets) 


It was a small space, above a restaurant, and a few people came along which was nice. There was pizza and pasta afterwards too. It was nice, nay, great to be back in playing mode again. There is something about being in a group of people with diverse backgrounds brought together to throw a few notes around in an more or less orderly fashion. 

Yes, good days. And particularly after the week that was...

[Camera : Canon EOS M5, 3.21pm-4.07pm; iPhone6s, 12.24pm, 6.20pm, 6.40pm; 10 February 2018]