Sunday 11 February 2018

Day 38/365: Battery dies...

...not a euphemism...


It might be finished today, or tomorrow. A few members of staff are grumbling about the unreasonable deadline from last class to release of grades (seven days), especially those who had large classes on both the last Monday and Tuesday of term and now have exams or reports in the hundreds to mark. (I might be one of them.)

For my efforts, I did get three out of four classes on the board. And then the board broke down. And we had more meetings and seminars and ... I wickedly tried to have a half-day of life beyond marking on the weekend (which I suppose I was not meant to have...). 

And then, it was dead. The battery in the camera. Not me. Quite literally, the battery in the new cam was down and out for the day. Pre-smartphone era, this might have been a problem for this project, but not today. Luckily. 

A feather awaits the lift

It was a nice day out there

The wheel beyond the window


Meanwhile, I will have to continue to check the on/off switch on the cam, and make sure it is off. Same goes for me too, really. Downtime should not be frowned upon. Maybe my new cam was trying to tell me something...

[Camera : iPhone6s, 12.30pm, 12.37pm; 7 February 2018]