Saturday 3 February 2018

Day 34/365: Being local...

...finding a new park

Today was another clarinet rehearsal day, an extraordinary rehearsal because...(say it quickly, say it quietly) we have a small concert to perform next week, already...gah. Nerves already, and currently on a borrowed bass clarinet. 

I'd feel more comfortable on my own bass, but it is still somewhere in transit. 

With the bass part still resonating in my mind, I'll have to get some practice on this week, I took a slight detour on the way to the bus stop on the way home. You know how you can become so familiar with the everyday, the to and fro of work-life-no-balance as it happens...I realised that I ought to just take a look around my home base train station. I knew of a park nearby but I'd never seen it and with sun setting and cold approaching and no photos yet, I thought, why not?

And it was a very small park, but there was snow, still...

Clark Kent still has a hangout

Melts

Not Thomas

Leaf in the snow

Sun setting light

Layered

Bike speed bump

Still piled up

A bit dirty

Breaking up 

Chunky


...and I'm still just a little excited by the sight of snow. Yes, I'm sure there's a cure for that. 

[Camera : Canon EOS M5, 4.46pm-4.51pm; 3 February 2018]