Wednesday 29 November 2017

Day 332, 28 Nov 2017: Just passing...

Day 332: ...just...

Of all the comings and goings I see on an almost daily basis out on the port and surrounds, two large barges passing under the bridge today was a first, for me. I mean, they probably do it all the time, after all it is not as if I stare out the window all day I am a busy person.

But how intriguing. Neither appeared to drop their speeds, both were pretty determined to move along, it was almost like the modern version of the old knights jousting on horseback (my knowledge of which is mostly informed by Monty Python sketches, so I could be wrong, very wrong). 

But there was no rest and recuperation from the full-speed ahead marking, grading, assessment whirlwind and straight into class cycle we are in at the moment. Just like the barges and tugs.

Just passing, just

Making waves

With a tug chaser

And leaving nothing in their wake


We all just keep chugging along. It's our job after all. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 4.10pm-4.11pm; 28 November 2017]