Monday 9 October 2017

Day 282, 9 Oct 2017: That work/life crossover...

Day 282: ...October one pic:one story 9

I was just sitting, waiting. A lunch appointment. A working lunch which is always pleasant enough. I was thinking work, but more in terms of what I might do when I returned to the office, after lunch. 

But then I saw it. A tv camera here, a journalist with notepad and voice recorder there; 

A person in a suit jacket...a familiar shade of green.

A whispered comment into a phone, shielded conspiratorially from passers-by.

Should we be here?


The green banners appeared from around the corner. Aha, a politics moment. A possible appearance by a party leader in the heat of this snap election campaign.

How does this happen, that even when I'm not 'working', it turns out that, in one way or another, I'm always 'working'? 

[Camera : iPhone6s, 12.22pm; 9 October 2017]