Friday 6 October 2017

Day 277, 4 Oct 2017: Overcoming inward doubt...

Day 277: ...October one pic:one story 4

When the invite came, I was a little wary. I didn't quite fit in the demographic identified, and I thought perhaps it was a mistake. You know, these things happen.

It took some convincing by my inner voice to accept with grace this invite from this place that had once rejected with diffidence the work I had done. 

It would mean another late night in a week that was already running late with unexpected calls on my time but, as they say 'take it in your stride' or, as others say, 'suck it up'. It is all part, one part of a many-sided job. 

At the bus stop. Waiting


It is not until I reach the familiar wait at the bus stop that the unease settles. The familiarity of the path. The familiarity of the ramen shop.

The ramen shop opens early and closes late, very late. Its clientele vary from late-returning workers, students, the neighbourhood's 'colourful characters'. It is quite at the other end of the scale of where I have been tonight. 

I've not yet been there myself, I don't quite fit the demographic identified and yet, as time goes on, I debate the inner voice that says I should go there one night, with grace. 

[Camera : iPhone6s, 10.12pm; 4 October 2017]