Sunday 24 September 2017

Day 266, 23 Sep 2017: To work, perchance...

Day 266: ...to eat

I have oft remarked that the area where I work is a lot like South Bank back home in Brisbane. And the bonus is, there is always something going on. And this being my second year here means we are running into repeat events. Like last year, the Tokyo Food Festival has landed again for three days. 

Now I did have good reason to go to the office on a Saturday: a) I usually do; b) there is always work to do; c) I keep willing my manuscripts into publishable form; d) class reflection and forward prep; these are the usual reasons. 

There were other reasons today too food festival a colleague was attending an event at the nearby food festival convention centre so we caught up for food festival coffee. And, of course, checking out the food festival is always a good thing to do, help out the economy, discover new things, etc and so forth.

A Saitama mascot

Food for all

This: a Wakayama hot dog, smoked, with plum sauce

Behind the tents

Food in all directions, this way...

...and that

Much smoke

Actual peanut butter (Chiba)



Saturdays as work days. or work daze sometimes. One day it won't be the case...

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.55pm, 3.04pm, 6.11pm-6.49pm; 23 September 2017]