Saturday 19 August 2017

Day 231, 19 Aug 2017: Much to do...

Day 231: ...so, go to a concert

I can amaze friends and relatives with the simple expression, 'yeah, nah, I'll pack in the morning'. The question is usually along the lines of 'have you packed yet'? If it is a week before departure, I usually laugh and ask if I've forgotten about a trip I'm going on. If it is a couple of days before, I usually say 'nah, still too much to do...'; now it is the night before and yeah, I'll pack in the morning. Really, there's not that much to it. 

Today, instead, as a kind of reward to self for getting all that marking in on time, it was off to the concert hall for a symphonic jazz concert with the NHK Orchestra and conducted by John Axelrod. Stravinsky, Corea, Bernstein...great program, great sound. 

Afterwards, everyone in Tokyo was caught in a sudden downpour, just like those sudden summer storms at home in Brisbane, where I'm headed tomorrow. 

On the way back to the station, I had a bit of a go (with the little cam) at something which seems to be catching on a bit here at the moment, photographing the city in the rain...

Went to a concert, got the t-shirt

North by northwest

Due north, via the west

Rain : umbrellas

Our local owl

Southwest by west south-ish



This is just around the western entrance of Ikebukuro station. It has possibilities. Next time I might take the big cam for better effects. 

But first, I must pack. 

In the morning.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 7.24pm-7.25pm; 19 August 2017]