Monday 14 August 2017

Day 226, 14 Aug 2017: Lurking beneath the leaves...

Day 226: ...peak summer  

I thought about going to the national library today to get on with editing some manuscripts I have had tucked in a 'bottom drawer'* (*computer file) for a while. That's what we do on our 'holidays' and also because the uni is closed, actually locked gates closed, for a few more days. 

But I decided the nearby coffee shop might be an equally pleasant spot to work, since so many people seem to work in coffee shops. 

Well, it worked, up to a point. The shop was rather busy and since I'm not one to buy one cup of coffee and sit for hours, I left after an hour and a bit (and two coffees and lunch) so those waiting could move in. 

The walk home via the park started with a little bit of shadow art--leaves against the sky--and then following the constant drone of the cicadas I went further into the forest...

Shadow play 1

Shadow play 2

Branching out

Leaves

Quick escape

Under the cover

Hanging in there

Split

Climbing over



Looking up, the empty exoskeletons were there in their hundreds...equal parts spooky and intriguing. 

Feels like we are reaching peak summer. I must get on with my work.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 3.42pm-4.03pm; 14 August 2017]