Monday 14 August 2017

Day 225, 13 Aug 2017: On a mission...

Day 225: ...though still incomplete

And so continuing with Saturday's adventures in trip preparation, today it was off to the Ginza. I really shouldn't, it is nowadays (even more than before) a tourist shopping mecca (with prices to match) but it does also have my favourite music store and stationery shop (multi-floors thereof) so if I failed at my main mission, at least I would have a fallback browsing position...

Which was just as well, as it turned out. I didn't find *exactly* what I was looking for so I browsed around here and there.

On the way back to the train, I happened across the marker for the origins of the Ginza and stopped to read it and take a few pics of people walking past this piece of history...I was the only one, it seemed, who paused to look at it. 

Marking history

Strollers

Passing

Purple

Bike

Passerby


With origins back in the early 1600s, the street gained its present status in 1870, so says the explanation, dated 1955...

So not a complete failure. There was a little bit of history along the way too.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 5.30pm-5.35pm; 13 August 2017]