Wednesday 21 June 2017

Day 172, 21 Jun 2017: And then it rained...

Day 172: ...and rained...

...and really just rained for much of the day. We are on the verge of the rainy season so I suppose it is expected. It is just that waiting at the bus stop, and the bus is running 15 minutes late and the rain gets heavier and heavier and then two buses come at once...

Yes, such was the day. 

I know rain is important. I know it is necessary. But just as it was when I used to drive 200km each day to and from work and sometimes entirely in the rain, I'd just like the rain to work out a way to fall when I'm not commuting. It would make commuting much more of its usual pleasure. 

Anyway, a bonus today is that usually when it rains, its rains away from the building. Today, with the wind, the drops were everywhere, including the window. 

All the rain

Nothing beyond

Though there is a wheel out there

A train line somewhere

Ships on the move (trust me)

And then it cleared...until tomorrow


I truly didn't see much out there until the end of the day and today was supposed to be the longest, the summer solstice. Missed it again. Oh well, there's always next year. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 1.56pm-1.58pm, 2.28pm, 3.15pm, 5.51pm; 21 June 2017]