Saturday 17 June 2017

Day 168, 17 Jun 2017: When the early bird...

Day 168: ...sits by the pond

So today is day one of the two-day conference. Checked the program last night before going to bed: 10.00 start. Fine...

...next time, read the fine print! The 10.00am start was for the executive committee meeting of the association. Registration wasn't until 1.00pm. 

Right. Three hours to kill. In a part of Tokyo that is just the right distance to be the wrong distance to anywhere that might be interesting. If I had about four hours to kill, I might have had time to go further down the train line to Odawara, somewhere nice. But no. Like someone stuck in transit with nowhere to go, I opted for a quiet sit near the pond down the back of the campus.

It is almost lily time

A stinger

Light and shade

Rocks

I think we used to call these 'boatmen'

Reflecting

Citrus

Feather dusted

Pond surface

Casting shadows

Pine



There are worse ways to pass the time I suppose. But tomorrow I am certain I'm to be there at 9.30am, on time, for my presentation. I hope I make it.

I'll keep you posted...

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.37pm-1.01pm; 17 June 2017]