Wednesday 19 April 2017

Day 109, 19 Apr 2017: In the interests of science...

Day 109: ...and all was well

At high school, my favourite subjects were Japanese, science and art, not always in that order. Art was where I first started to really learn about photography; Japanese, well, I've more of less stuck with that; and science, I've always retained a fondness for things scientific, biology and chemistry being favourites and the universe an eternal curiosity. 

I suppose you could say I haven't really moved on since high school...but I digress. 

It was (and kind of remains) a great disappointment to me that starting out at uni, I had to choose between Japanese and science as teaching subjects (back when I planned to teach these subjects at high school); neither the Dept of Education nor the Dip. Eds of the day could cope with the mix. 

I went with Japanese (obviously) although I never quite made it back to high school. 

So today, when I spotted a couple of frogs near the bus stop, well, I wanted to take pics, for scientific purposes of course. You see, they were making their way down the pathway in the early morning sun while I waited for the bus. 

This is not the usual bus stop scene

One foot in front of the other

Through the leaf litter

And onwards, in search of...water, probably 

I was therefore a bit taken aback by social media comments after I posted them (of course); I took them with entirely scientific curiosity at the fore. I was simply intrigued by two frogs making their way along the footpath. 


The rooftop garden progresses (another scientific experiment)

And on a clear day...you can see the blue


I'm also pleased to report, that although they were approaching the pedestrian crossing to cross the busy intersection as I boarded the bus this morning, there was no evidence this evening to suggest they hadn't made it across. Clever things. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 10.22am-1023am, 2.42pm, 3.11pm; 19 April 2017]