Friday 10 March 2017

Day 67, 8 Mar 2017: Water here, water there...

Day 67: ...time passes

Time to fly out. I most things I do, I'm very much a 'just-in-time'-type person. Give me a deadline, I'll crash right into it rather than farewell it from a distance. 

Except for one thing: travel. I am a chronic early-arriver for trains, planes and well, just about any other form of transport. Flying from Tokyo to home means I usually get myself to Ikebukuro in plenty of time to ensure an afternoon bus trip to the airport 90 minutes away. (Yes, there are other ways to get to the airport, but this one suits me.)

Ikebukuro is my usual junction station to and from work or getting anywhere from Tokyo to beyond. I'm usually rushing through on the way to somewhere. Or stopping there to do some shopping or visiting exhibitions and the like.

I rarely have the time to stop...

...and watch the water...

Sunshine on the water

Columns

Still life

Droplets

Front row

Bubbles

Passing time--mahjong players



The water fountain in the Ikebukuro West park is just an ordinary water fountain but photographing water can be well, quite relaxing. Just the right amount of calm for a trip to the airport and beyond. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 1.16pm-1.19pm; 8 March 2017]