Tuesday 7 March 2017

Day 65, 6 Mar 2017: And then came the rain...

Day 65: ...and the grey

Rainy days. They come and they go. As I have mentioned previously, commuting in the rain is not much fun. Actually, there isn't any fun to be had in a rainy day commute. 

At this time of year, it is cold, it is grey. But, like a bad day at work, there's always reason to find the colour...and it helps when there is a big wheel nearby that colours life regardless of the surrounds. 

Today the umbrellas stood out from my spot ten floors up. As well as a spot of colour here and there through the grey.

Setting out

Two umbrellas, 1

Always a wheel of colour

Two umbrellas, 2

Two umbrellas, 3


It's a bit like the way I approach my work, teaching politics, arguing for peace. My students will often say it is futile, I suggest they don't give up hope. After all, would you rather see the colour, or the grey...?

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 1.23pm, 3.12pm-3.20pm; 6 March 2017]